How to enroll in Eastpointe High School
To request enrollment information and forms, please email students name, grade level, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call today and see how Eastpointe can help make your diploma a reality.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Information
Preschool and school aged children have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act.
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act was established in 1987 to assist homeless children and youth with enrolling, attending and succeeding in school. Under this legislation, homeless youth are guaranteed the same educational services that all students are provided in order to meet challenging academic standards. The Act also ensures that homeless youth remain in their school of origin when feasible, or attend the school identified by the attendance zone in which the student is currently physically staying.
Eligible children have the right to:
• Receive a free, appropriate public education.
• Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment.
• Enroll in school and attend classes while the school gathers needed documents.
• Enroll in the local school; or continue attending their school of origin (the school they attended when permanently housed or the school in which they were last enrolled), if that is your preference and is feasible.
* If the school district believes that the school you select is not in the best interest of your children, then the district must provide you with a written explanation of its position and inform you of your right to appeal its decision.
• Receive transportation to and from the school of origin, if you request this.
• Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to your children’s needs.
For more information, please call Lisa Atkins at 520-731-8180
To learn more about the McKinney-Vento Act, please visit: The National Center for Homeless Education.